Customize appearance & steps of your scheduling widget
The widget is the customer interface, it's the booking platform they see when using our Agendize web application. This following tutorial will show you how to customize what you want them to see when they reserve. We are talking about displayed staff, services, prices, photos, locations, thank you messages and many more.
- Start off by locating Dashboard at the top left corner of the page
- Click Settings
- Click Widget
- Display or Not your service duration as the time can vary from customer to customer.
- Display pricing of services or not. Some company have fees that vary depending on complexity of services; such as a hair dresser.
- Display Services descriptions , some services can have descriptions but sometimes those services can be expanded to other needs this is why displaying their description could be misleading
- Display Time Zone or not, this function can be useful as you might have customers from outside the country.
- Allow customer to select time zone : This feature pairs well with notification, as you would want to put the appointment in your agenda without mistaking timezones.
- Ask Customers if they would like to opt in to your mailing list: This can be quite the marketing strategy if you have weekly/monthly promotions that you want to share with your customers.
- Allow client to print a confirmation page: Some customers prefer to have a printed version of their appointment, as they might want to keep a registry of it.
- Allow client to choose the location: This is mostly used for companies that have different franchises or simply have more than one locations, allowing the customers to book the most convient near them.
The second customizable part is mostly for internal usage (Agendize platform owner). Here are some features:
- Free slots interval time: This defines the interval between each timeslots a client can choose when scheduling an event (eg: for a hairdresser: you may want to open timeslots each 15 minutes).
- Staff name to display: This will let you display your staff by first name, last name or both in any order you want.
- Display date and time format: This allows chose the format of the language on the widget (ex: English-Canada or English-US etc)
- Look for an existing customer based on: Is an internal based field that allows you to search existing customer using email, phone or customer reference number.
In this section you will be able to customize the text that is displayed in your scheduling widget. Titles display by default texts such as "Select a service", "Select a team member", etc. can be replaced by the text of your liking.
To change the displayed texts, fill the fields you want to customize. You can also add a top message. Remember to click the Save Settings button to save your changes.
You can rewrite messages that are displayed when a specific error or setting prevents booking (eg: maximum number of bookings being reached for a client, online scheduling being disabled because of incident at your location):
Thank You message
In this section you will be able to customize the message that is displayed when your clients complete the booking process. It is possible to dynamically add information related to your business or the appointment by selecting the relevant dynamic tag.
In the advanced settings you can also choose how your services / staff members (or resources if your business uses resources) will be sorted in the scheduling widget. To do so, simply select the option from the corresponding list. Default sort is alphabetically. If you wish to change this simply drag one of the grey rectangles in the order you desire.
Groups of services can be sorted as well:
This section will let you classify your staff by alphabetical order or customize it by dragging them one over the other.
The design area allows you to customize the appearance of your widget by using CSS (cascading style sheets) which is used in web to style your page or web document. Simply add the code in the box:
Please go to the following page : Can I change the color of the widget?
When finalizing the appointment booking, your customer will be asked to provide a set of information by completing a form. By default, these are :
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
To edit the fields that appear in your widget navigate to the Dashboard, click Settings under "Scheduling", and then click Widget Fields. From this screen you are able to add new fields to your widget by clicking them on the left side of the screen:
- Predefined fields, to collect personal data about your client for your CRM: address, company, job title, language, date of birth, types of reminder & notification, client reference... but also any further custom fields you defined in your Agendize CRM and appointment notes that will be displayed in the event preview (please see the note at the end of this page) ;
- Custom fields, to pre-qualify the appointment: text areas, input fields, radio buttons, check boxes, date picker, file upload (eg: PDF document or JPEG photo)...
To customize the widget fields customers interact with when booking a specific service, click Add Form in the upper right corner and under "Services" select the specific service you'd like to attach the form to
Note: You can collect Appointment notes at booking, so that your client can write down specific request or requirements for the event. These notes will show up in the calendar: